STAFF NURSE / MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The clinical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Providing Basic and Advanced Life Support care and transport while working as a member of an emergency medical team to patients while in adherence to the scope of practice, patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction according to their level of certification / licensure.
- Communicating with professional medical personnel interagency and at emergency and non-emergency treatment facilities.
- Obtaining instructions regarding further treatment from qualified personnel and arranging for reception of patients at treatment facilities.
- Assists health care facilities and personnel to obtain and record information related to patients’ vital statistics, circumstances of transport/emergency and the documentation of patient care provided.
- Insure management of medical equipment and supplies including the arrangement of resupply of consumables.
- Acknowledges accountability for all patient care provided.
- Maintains and continues to obtain at least the minimum prescribed continuing education required to keep your certification/licensure in the state.
- Attends mandatory minimum continuing medical education (CME) meetings as required by Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- Attends mandatory crew meetings and other mandatory training events as prescribed and required by FFA’s or other regulating agencies.
- Ability to interpret written, oral, and diagnostic form instructions.
- Ability to work throughout an entire work shift without interruption.
- Ability to learn, use and become proficient in all equipment related to patient care.
- Is mentally robust and able to manage large amounts of pressure while still keeping an overview
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and make good judgments, ability to be unaffected by loud noises, flashing lights and strobes. Simple and complex mathematic skills, reasoning.
- Logic, ethical judgment and reasoning, active listening skills, decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats, as well as via telephone and radio equipment.
- Ability to read and understand road maps, discern street signs and address numbers.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Nursing/Medical Assistant registered by Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- Certificate in Basic Life Support, Advance Life Support , Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduates are invited to apply. Within 6 months of employment the Staff Nurse / Medical Assistant will be required to obtain the required certifications.
- Possess good working knowledge of English / Bahasa Malaysia.