The primary responsibility of the Staff Nurse / Medical Assistant is to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests, provide emergency medical care and rescue services as needed, and transports injured and sick persons to the appropriate medical facility.
The clinical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Providing Basic and Advanced Life Support care and transport while working as a member of an emergency medical team to patients while in adherence to the scope of practice, patient care procedures, protocols and medical direction according to their level of certification / licensure.
* Communicating with professional medical personnel interagency and at emergency and non-emergency treatment facilities.
* Obtaining instructions regarding further treatment from qualified personnel and arranging for reception of patients at treatment facilities.
* Assists health care facilities and personnel to obtain and record information related to patients’ vital statistics, circumstances of transport/emergency and the documentation of patient care provided.
* Insure management of medical equipment and supplies including the arrangement of resupply of consumables.
* Acknowledges accountability for all patient care provided.
* Maintains and continues to obtain at least the minimum prescribed continuing education required to keep your certification/licensure in the state.
* Attends mandatory minimum continuing medical education (CME) meetings as required by Ministry of Health Malaysia.
* Attends mandatory crew meetings and other mandatory training events as prescribed and required by FFA’s or other regulating agencies.
Desired Candidate profile.
* Ability to interpret written, oral, and diagnostic form instructions.
* Ability to work throughout an entire work shift without interruption.
* Ability to learn, use and become proficient in all equipment related to patient care.
* Is mentally robust and able to manage large amounts of pressure while still keeping an overview
* Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and make good judgments, ability to be unaffected by loud noises, flashing lights and strobes. Simple and complex mathematic skills, reasoning.
* Logic, ethical judgment and reasoning, active listening skills, decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats, as well as via telephone and radio equipment.
* Ability to read and understand road maps, discern street signs and address numbers
* Certificate ,Diploma or Degree in Nursing/Medical Assistant registered by Ministry of Health Malaysia.
* Certificate in Basic Life Support , Advance Life Support , Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support will be an added advantage.
* Fresh graduates are invited to apply. Within 6 month of employment the Staff Nurse / Medical Assistant will be required to obtain the required certifications.
* Possess Good working knowledge of English / Bahasa Malaysia